Programmer analysts focus on software development, analyzing codes and ensuring enhancements or modifications are completed as required.
- Interactive media developer
Working alone or on teams, the programmer analyst is responsible for the design and implementation of software programs for computer systems. On a daily basis they solve computing problems and monitor systems for potential problems, as well as develop programs that meet user needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and analyze computing needs and technical requirements of users..
- Ensure the quality of programs and services according to standards, processes and procedures.
- Design and implement solutions to computer malfunctions.
- Lead a team of specialists in computer systems programming.
- Develop computer programs.
- Use appropriate programming techniques to ensure a stable computing environment.
- Develop applications for data processing, communications software and software operating systems.
- Perform tests on a wide range of computing services.
For People Who
- Are knowledgeable about computer systems and their environment , servers, risk management and memory management.
- Can identify and develop standards, processes and procedures to optimize applications for users.
- Know non-procedural and procedural programming languages.
- Understand database management systems and databases.
- Understand software and software application codes.
- Understand web design.
- Understand typography and design information.
- Work well alone and have initiative.
- Are open.
- Are leaders.
- Are team players.
- Are creative.
- Are accountable.
- Are detail oriented and thorough.
- Adapt to changing priorities.
- Are well organized and good planners.
- Have strong skills in oral and written communications in French and English.
- Are able to analyze requirements and solve problems.
Several combinations of education and experience can lead to a career as a programmer analyst. These include:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or a related discipline.
College diploma in computer science or software engineering.
Generally, companies require two years or less experience in the field of information technology and relevant experience in the market sector specific to the company.
- Programmer / Analyst - Beginner $ 45 000
- Programmer / Analyst - Intermediate $ 56 000
- Programmer / Analyst - Senior $ 63 000