Systems integrators for websites manage the various technical and visual elements that ensure the site operates smoothly and doesn’t go down.
- Web integrator
- Multimedia Integration
Systems integrators for websites integrate the various components of a website or a multimedia product to ensure they operate smoothly. Integrators can work on developing software programs for the operation of a website or a multimedia product and are often supported by a programmer. An integrator blends technical skills with an artistic sense to ensure images are appropriately placed in the final stage of production. Integrators work with several functional team members such as programmers and graphic designers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integrate all elements of an animation in a graphic.
- Find out and learn about relevant, new technology trends..
- Design, establish and develop websites and software.
- Collect and integrate a variety of files required for a website.
- Make animations in 2D and 3D.
- Participate in the programming and multimedia development of websites.
- Design changes or improvements to existing programs.
- Develop scripts to test the programming modules and data to be processed.
For People Who
- Know markup language, programming and databases.
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written in French and English.
- Are knowledgeable about typography, information design, web application tools and design software.
- Can meet established standards for the production of animation.
- Know the equipment and materials required to complete all stages of production.
- Know the navigational principles of Web browsing.
- Are skilled in assessing the technical feasibility of a project.
- Establish and meet deadlines.
- Are versatile.
- Are thorough.
- Are well organized and detail oriented.
- Are team players.
- Are skilled at critical analysis and conceptualization.
- Work with little supervision and are resourceful.
- Manage stress well.
Several combinations of education and experience can lead to a career as a systems integrator. These include:
Bachelor of Computer Science.
College diploma in multimedia integration, computer science or computer graphics.
Experience developing multimedia products as part of a development team or as a tester.
In general, businesses are looking for integrators with two years experience or less. The position described in the “snapshot” is an entry-level position. To enter this career, it is strongly recommended that you prepare a portfolio of completed projects and works that demonstrate both technical and artistic skills. The quality of this portfolio will be important to being chosen for a position..
$ 55 000
Source: Compensation TECHNOCompétences 2010