Did you know?
- Rail has the highest fuel efficiency of any mode of transportation.
- If most European freight continues to be transported by truck, greenhouse gas emissions will increase by more than 40 per cent from 2000 to 2015. However, if only 40% of total freight was carried by rail instead, there would be no increase in emissions.
- While a train can transport 50,000 passengers per hour (pph) using a three to five metre wide strip of land, only 9,000 pph can be transported by buses, and only 2,000 pph can be transported by cars.
- Bombardier designed the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic torch.
- Joseph Armand Bombardier, the company's founder, invented the snowmobile.
Bombardier is Canada's largest aerospace and rail company with over 65,000 employees, and a world leader in the industry. Building planes and trains requires a lot of teamwork – the potential for IT professional is huge. Work of this type is very challenging, but also extremely important, interesting, and fun!
Mobility is a big part of the world’s sustainability and environmental challenges. Bombardier is tackling those challenges head on by designing and building responsible and creative transportation solutions. Technology is reinventing the way planes and trains are built, and how they operate. With 23 production sites worldwide, technology plays a key role in guidance systems, train signalling, aerodynamics testing, flight simulation – every conceivable aspect of modern transportation is now mechanized, and Bombardier is a leader in making it happen.
Perks @ Work
- A large company with an international presence, there is always room to grow and travel within Bombardier.
- Employees share in the company's success through a share purchase plan available to all staff, as well as offering a range of benefits (including generous maternity benefits) and a pension plan.
- Business Analyst
- Outsourcing Manager
- IT Strategist
- IT Project Manager
What's in it for you?
- There are always entry-level opportunities available, and recent university graduates are encouraged to apply. Check out the Global Graduate Program.
- Check out Recruiting Events and Brochures for more information.