Did you know that more than 90% of Canadians live within 15 minutes of a Canadian Tire store?
Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC) was founded in 1922 and is one of Canada’s most shopped retailers. The company boasts over 1,700 retail and gasoline stores operating across the country. CTC is further strengthened by its affiliates:
- PartSource - an automotive parts specialty chain with both corporate owned locations and franchises (individually owned).
- Canadian Tire Petroleum - one of the country’s largest independent retailers of gasoline.
- Mark’s Work Warehouse, a leading retailer of men’s, women’s and work apparel. It is the largest industrial apparel and footwear retailer in the country.
- Canadian Tire Financial Services, which has issued approximately four million Canadian Tire MasterCard credit cards and also offers loans, insurance and roadside assistance. Mediacorp named this division one of the top 100 companies to work for in 2008.
- The Forzani Group - Canada’s largest sporting goods retailer including Sport Chek. This is CTC’s latest acquisition, making Canadian Tire the ultimate authority in sports with more than 1,000 combined retail sports outlets across the country.
Nearly 57,000 people work across Canadian Tire’s organization from coast-to-coast in retail, warehouse and various office positions such as supply chain operations and marketing. Over 5,000 full-time employees (including IT) work in the company’s Toronto-based corporate office. Canadian Tire has numerous co-op, campus and new grad opportunities for college and university students. The tech positions range from developing internal applications to mobile apps, corporate tech support to backend Mark’s Work Warehouse development and chip card technology. Creative opportunities exist in automating the distribution aspects of the company, including implementing voice-activated tech in its warehouses.
Perks @ Work
- Welcoming culture with a commitment to helping employees grow professionally and personally. There’s formal training, career development opportunities, social outings and more!
- Flex-Ability – flexible benefit plan including medical, dental and life insurance.
- Deferred profit sharing - A 100% company-paid reward based on yearly performance. It’s designed to help employees with retirement options.
- Stock options – employees can buy company shares and receive bonus shares based on performance.
- Store discount – Get discounts at CTC when using your Canadian Tire Options Mastercard.
- Give back – CTC is very involved in charity work. The company’s Jumpstart initiative has helped cover the cost of sports registration, equipment and transportation for nearly 330,000 children in financial need.
- Canadian Tire sponsors the Canadian Tire Hockey School in affiliation with the NHL, and the NASCAR Canadian Tire series. The company also sponsors numerous community initiatives, so you can feel good about your employer.
- IT strategy consultant
- AVP information manager
- Solutions architect – Mark’s Work Warehouse
- Technical specialist
- Technical analyst, co-op
- Analyst, digital marketing
- Solution architecture & information Security
- Manager, enterprise architecture governance
What's in it for you
- Canadian Tire employs over 150 students a year from four-month co-ops to 18-month internships in departments such as IT, many of whom get hired on.
- New opportunities are posted year round including many summer student positions from May to September. Students can also work part-time while they’re still in school.
- Canadian Tire offers opportunities for new grads that combine rotational work experience, classroom and hands-on training, performance feedback, goal setting, and comprehensive in-house learning programs to allow you to develop, grow and contribute to the company.
- Above-average base pay, full training, employee discounts, and the potential for full-time opportunities once you’re finished school.