Did you know that Deloitte has a volunteer program that lets new consultants hone their leadership skills by working with not-for profits.
As a leading professional services firm, Deloitte is in the business of helping organizations become more competitive, by consulting, strategizing and/or implementing solutions to their challenges and opportunities. The company offers services in audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk and financial advisory. Since a retailer works differently from a hospital or a bank, Deloitte tailors its services to various specific industries. This gives Deloitte professionals the opportunity to focus their work in a specific industry. For example, if you’re interested in healthcare and IT, you could work in Deloitte’s ehealth area.
Deloitte regularly publishes reports, surveys and insights on industry trends, new technologies and market issues. For its Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) clients, research tackles questions like “How do Canadians access and interact with information and entertainment?” For its government clients, Deloitte publishes research on the barriers to innovation in government.
Deloitte's services have many tech components. In consulting, Deloitte helps clients use technology to compete better or to improve efficiency. In risk management, Deloitte helps companies protect their data by thwarting cyber attacks.
The firm has 57 offices across Canada. In Quebec, Deloitte operates under the name Samson Bélair/Deloitte & Touche.
Perks @ Work
- Global opportunities: With offices around the world, there are opportunities to collaborate with international teams and to transfer to other locations.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Every individual gets matched with a performance coach who provides support with short- and long-term career goals.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Health spending account & wellness programs: In addition to a health and dental plan, Deloitte provides financial support for gym membership, aerobics classes, yoga, or whatever works for you. You can also use these funds for dog walking or maid services!
The employee assistance program is a confidential advisory service that can help you work through life and work issues, including nutrition, home care for dependents, and more. Deloitte also provides emergency childcare when regular arrangements fall through.
- Security Solutions Consultant (Vulnerability testing)
- Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing
- Data Analytics – Analytic & Forensic Technology
- eDiscovery engineer
- Business Technology Analyst
What's in it for you
While there is a strong emphasis on high marks, Deloitte doesn’t just look for the smartest kid in class, they also search for well rounded-individuals who show leadership and initiative both in and out of school. In 2010 alone, Deloitte hired 160 summer students, 214 co-op students and 359 new grads.