Did you know?
- In 1961, RBC was the first Canadian bank to install a computer, an IBM 1401.
- RBC is one of the largest corporate donors in the country. In 2010 it contributed more than $130 million to community causes worldwide.
- RBC’s online banking hosts 15 million user logins a day!
- In the early 1900s, marriage was seen as a disruption in the path of any young bank clerk, and was prohibited until an employee’s salary reached $1,000 a year.
- As Canada’s largest bank, RBC employs 79,000 people who serve close to 18 million clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 56 other countries.
- The Technology & Operations division provides the IT foundation for RBC. Its more than 5,700 employees provide the processes and technologies that enable a secure, flexible, and reliable customer experience.
Perks @ work
For the third consecutive year, RBC has been recognized as one of the "best workplaces in Canada" by the Great Places to Work Institute Canada and The Globe and Mail. The study measures the level of credibility, respect, fairness, pride and camaraderie in the workplace.
At RBC, you'll have:
- International employment opportunities, with offices around the world.
- The opportunity for flexible work arrangements that meet your work, family, life balance needs. ‘Flexiplace’ is a work arrangement where an employee works off-site - at home, at client locations or in satellite offices - for either part or all of the week.
- Learning and development opportunities through challenging roles (experienced-based learning), formal learning programs, and the pursuit of professional designations and licenses. As an employee of RBC, you are provided the information and resources available to help achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Benefits that have the flexibility to meet your individual needs (e.g. medical, dental, pension, retirement savings)
- Fair and competitive compensation, including RBC shares
- RBC also rewards employees who have an innovative spirit. The Technology & Operations division has established the Employee Innovation Challenge, which encourages creativity and fun. Contestants submit innovative concepts that help the RBC deliver on its technology mandate. Each member of the winning team receives an additional week of vacation!
- Program and project managers
- Solution architects
- Lead architects
- Business and technical system analysts
What's in it for you
RBC offers programs for new graduates as well as opportunities for co-ops, internships, education, scholarships, mentorships and career development. Whether you are in school or are a recent graduate, RBC provides tools to embark on a rewarding career. Here are some examples: Student graduate programs, co-ops, and internships.
Want to learn more about RBC? Check out: