If you enjoy team work, problem-solving and coming up with technology solutions to business problems, you’ll love Scotiabank’s tech careers.
Scotiabank Group is one of North America’s premier financial institutions, Canada’s most international bank and a team of more than 70,000 employees. Scotiabank Group and its affiliates offer a diverse range of products and services, including personal, commercial, corporate and investment banking to some 18.6 million customers in more than 50 countries around the world. As a result of Scotiabank’s vast geographic presence, some of its technical roles are global in scope.
IT jobs range from business-oriented to highly technical. Both types of roles require communication, analytical and problem solving skills, and understanding of the business, but only the technical roles require core tech skills.
The business-oriented roles more often work directly with clients and are primarily focused on building relationships, understanding and analyzing their needs, and working with the tech team to design and implement technology solutions.
Scotiabank has a Business Innovation Center, a place where creative and technical people get together and come up with exciting new technical solutions to potential business problems. Some of its IT professionals focus on developing accessible solutions for employees with disabilities by integrating adaptive tools directly into their websites and applications.
- Business Analyst
- Programming Analyst, Online Banking Technology
- Network Security Analyst
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- IT Service/Support Coordinator
What's in it for you?
As a student, you will have the chance to gain hands on experience of what it would be like to work in an IT function within Scotiabank. It offers a variety of placement opportunities across its IT function for post-secondary students who are enrolled in a registered co-op/internship program. If you’re interested in a co-op placement in the fall, start searching at least four months ahead of time.
Perks @ work
- Access to rich and diverse learning opportunities. In addition to on-the-job coaching and regular training programs, Scotiabank encourages employees to enhance their knowledge by taking external courses through qualified institutions. As long as the program you take qualifies, your tuition fees are covered.
- Scotiabank builds from within, providing opportunities for growth. You can shape your career by gaining broad experience across a variety of job streams, or you may choose to specialize in one specific area.
- Depending on the role, flexible work options are available.
- Scotiabank offers discounts on banking services and corporate savings on various shops and brand name products from electronics and fitness to dining and entertainment.
- Hear from past co-op students
- To start your own amazing career story, and to find out more about Scotiabank’s campus recruitment programs visit Scotiabank Careers
Scotiabank is a Best Place to Work® in multiple geographies around the world. We strive to deliver a consistent and rewarding employment experience globally by developing policies and programs based on shared global principles.
A global community of Scotiabankers is thriving. It is here, where distinct perspectives and unique talents ignite personal career growth.
A culture of inclusion is the heart of its global community of Scotiabankers, where you are valued for your individual talents, your inspiration and your innovative thinking.