Did you know Workopolis was the exclusive online recruiter for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver? The company helped fill 1200 full-time, 3500 temporary and 25,000 volunteer positions in all sorts of fields, notably including tech!
Workopolis is Canada’s top online recruitment company. It provides employers and job seekers with access to one another through a suite of bilingual products and services. Candidates can easily search for job postings and career advice. A powerful resume database allows employers to comb through applications and find the right candidate for a job. Workopolis recognizes that different industries have different needs, so it offers [NicheNetwork] [http://niche.workopolis.com/workopolis-niche/find-professional-jobs/index.html], Canada’s largest network of trade and sector specific job boards such as engineering, health, and legal. [Workopolis Campus][www.workopolis.com] is tailor-made for high school, college and university students and recent grads who want summer, part-time or full-time, entry-level jobs or internships.
Workopolis doesn’t just post tech job listings. It’s also a great tech employer in its own right. The company has won awards as an admirable and emerging organization, workplace engagement and diversity outreach. Tech jobs at Workopolis go from e-commerce analytics to usability design, tech support, application development and information architecture. Its head office is located in downtown Toronto on trendy King West where commerce meets culture.
Workopolis is a medium-sized company with 200 employees that has grown steadily since its creation in 1999. Workopolis launches innovative ways to transform the recruitment industry and change the way employers and candidates find and get to know each other online.
Perks @ Work
- Work-life balance: Workopolis “summer hours” last all year. Employees can accrue time during in the week to leave early on Friday afternoons. Some positions allow flexible scheduling and work from home. In addition to a minimum three weeks vacation from day 1, employees get two personal days off per year.
- Getting to work: In a trendy part of downtown Toronto, Workopolis is steps away from restaurants, banks, gyms and retailers. Whether they walk, bike, drive or take the streetcar, employees get a monthly transportation allowance. If you do bike to work, you can store your gear in the bike room.
- Amenities & activities: Workopolis has a sunny rooftop patio with a barbeque and picnic tables. It has lounges with an Xbox and a Wii, as well as ping pong and air hockey tables. Weekly yoga and Pilates courses are also offered. Spirited activities include the Movemember Moustache Faceoff, a Halloween costume competition, softball team, and social events.
- Health & wellness allowance: Employees can get reimbursed for a variety of health and wellness related products and activities including gym memberships, running shoes, fitness gear, classes and even a Wii Fit.
- Workognition is a rewards program that allows employees to accumulate points for their exceptional work. Points can then be used to buy prizes from the Workognition online catalogue. Workopolis awarded 4 employees the opportunity to bear the 2010 Olympic torch and gave 8 employees and their guests trips to Vancouver to experience the Games.
- Tuition Reimbursement for courses up to $5000.
- Search engine analyst
- User engagement
- Application developer
- Technical support specialist
- Information architect
- Test automation engineer
What’s in it for you?
Online resources: Workopolis provides useful articles and blog posts for grads with tips in resume building, co-op applications and getting the most out of internships. Nervous for an upcoming interview? Workopolis has tips on that too.