A national committee of leading employers and university educators, facilitated by the Canadian Coalition for Tomorrow’s ICT Skills (the organization behind CareerMash), designed the game plan for the Business Technology Management (BTM) undergraduate degree in 2009. The BTM program is now supported by more than 25 employers and is being delivered to over 1,000 students across Canada. And popularity is growing. BTM applications are rising by an average of 24% per year.
What’s in it for you?
Today, business and technology go hand in hand. For example, you might want to start your own apps company, help an established retailer bring mobile tech to its customers, or introduce cloud computing to Canada’s health system. In every case – and many more – it’s not enough to understand the technologies involved. You also need:
- A real understanding of organizations and the world of business
- The techniques – like business design and project management – to make change happen
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and leadership skills
- A keen understanding of how best to use technology to improve all the above
- Practical skills to put it all together in projects that you lead.
This is what BTM is all about. It’s not just business. It’s not just technology. It’s Business + Technology + Management.
Elements covered by most BTM programs
• Operations management
• HR management
• Information technology
• Systems architecture
• Network design and management
Technology in Business
• Business change management
• Business process analysis
• Managing the IT and business interface
• Risk management
• Project management
• Quality assurance
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
• Presentation skills
• Communication skills
Check out a few BTM options before making your choice: