Tech & Science career sites for students
- MaCarriereTechno, a highly recommend French-language version of CareerMash-type opportunities, from our partner in Quebec, TECHNOCompetences
- TechU.me, is Ottawa's hub for tech savvy students, connecting industry mentors with students through engaging technology programs. And there are resources for teachers too.
- CurioCity is an interactive 'place' where you can explore and discover the science, engineering and technology in your life
- BigAmbition, a great career site from the UK, has tons of great ideas and fun materials. And there's a Big Ambition in Scotland & Wales, and don't forget Bring It On NI in Northern Ireland.
- Career Cruising, an online resource that engages and inspires people of all ages to achieve their full potential in school, career and life.
- The Business & Education Partnership of Waterloo Region leads the way in career exploration for youth in Waterloo Region, connecting students, educators and employers to promote student success and community prosperity.
For educators & guidance counsellors
- Let's Talk Science delivers science learning programs and services that turn children and youth on to science, keeping them engaged in learning and developing their potential to become 21st century citizens, innovators and stewards.
- Science Teachers Association of Ontario: encouraging excellence in science education through leadership and service
- Ontario School Counsellors’ Association (OSCA) provides access to job search information, career development resources, Ministry policy documents, and resources to assist students with their social/emotional needs
- ContactPoint is a multi-sector online community for professionals in the career development field.
Tech news & trends
Stay on top of emerging CareerMash-type tech trends from free services like:
- Technology Review and Technology Review newsletters – cutting-edge everything!
- Techmeme compiles the latest tech trends and rumours from all over the Net
- Gizmodo, a very edgy gadget guide
- Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) is dedicated to creating a diverse, prepared and highly educated Canadian ICT industry and workforce. Its resrouces on labour market intelligence and career pathways may be useful to students considering IT-related careers.
- Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC) represents a diverse ICT community spanning telecommunications and internet services, ICT consulting services, hardware, microelectronics, software and electronic content.
- Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) is Canada's association of IT professionals. It offers networking opportunities, certification of IT professionals, accreditation of IT university/college programs, and a voice to government on issues affecting the IT profession and industry.
Find out about Canadian Coalition for Tomorrow’s ICT Skills, the organization behind CareerMash.